So, to bring this to light, let’s talk about 12 beauty and makeup tips for the seasoned woman.
- Always use moisturizer. Your skin loves a good moisturizer and it keeps skin hydrated and radiant. It can make your makeup products settle on the surface of the skin and glide on more smoothly. Ensure to use one with hyaluronic acid which is known for its skin benefits. These include alleviating dry skin and reducing fine lines and wrinkles in addition to relieving joint pain.
- Make sure to exfoliate. Makeup does NOT blend well on skin that looks patchy so exfoliation every couple days is the best way to remove dead skin cells and make your skin softer and smoother. However, don’t OVER exfoliate as this can cause chronic skin irritation and overproduction of collagen. This would mean that you age quicker and who wants to do that right?
- Take off the Makeup BEFORE Bedtime. Rather than waking up with clogged pores, you want to have a fresh face for the day. When you are sleep, skin goes through a regenerative process that sheds dead skin cells and produces new ones. Makeup impedes this process which makes skin dull over time if not removed.
- Sun Protection. One thing we forget to do ALL the time is put sunscreen on. Cover your neck, face, hands, and other exposed areas.
- Conceal and Moisturize. You want to moisturize as discussed in the first tip, but you also should use concealer as the first step in makeup application for women in their 50s. These two together plump up the skin to reduce lines.
- Use Primer. Doing this evens out the skin and holds lighter weight foundations in place. A tinted primer gives the benefit of primer, moisturizer, and foundation all in one.
- Use Lighter Weight Foundation. If you use heavy cream foundation or powders, it could create an unnatural mask. Lightweight luminous formulations create natural looks.
- Place Concealer in the right place. Apply concealer on the top of the cheekbone area, not right under the eye. This allows the light to reflect back up to hide dark circles. If you look straight into a mirror and tip your chin down while looking, you will be able to apply concealer in the right place since this emphasizes the dark circle.
- Mix Concealer Shades to Cover Pigmentation. After applying your favorite foundation, mix a combination of shades from the concealer palette that matches your natural skin tone. Apply that to coverage areas. Shape your natural brows as well but first brushing your eyebrows down. Then, draw a light line along the top of the brow line and brush them up again.
- Use Illuminators and Highlighter Correctly. Do NOT use a highlighter pen as a concealer. Utilize it on the outer an inner corners of the eyes to light up the face and make the eyes brighter.
- Blush Placement. One thing older women get wrong is where to place the blush. Apply cream blush with a brush and place it on the apple of the cheek. Smile so you can see the best spot.
- Voluptuous Lips. To get your lips to look fuller without Botox, place a highlighter above your lips. Then, apply a natural color liner on the outer edge of your lip line vs. the inside. This will make your lips look naturally fuller and your lipstick actually stays on longer.
Until later, these are some tips from INC Beauty to get you started on the right track. Now, look beautiful!!