The INC Beauty Hair & Make-Up Artist is responsible for airbrush and manual application of makeup to enhance the features of INC Beauty guests in a manner that provides outstanding customer service.
In addition, s / he will be responsible for completing all hair-styling for clients, including blow-drying, round-brushing, curling, straightening, volumizing, and final styling.
Our Beauty Pros keeps up with the specifics for and desires of regular clients.
Continual research of the latest techniques, styles, and products, is critical to the position to ensure the best knowledge and skillset.
The Hair & Make-Up artist will be responsible for attending ongoing training, both on and offsite.
This position requires weekend work and scheduling flexibility as hours will shift due to changing programming demands.
Must be flexible as this role requires weekend work and supports a 24 / 7 business.
A makeup artist’s duties largely involve applying makeup. This could mean makeup for someone headed to their prom, a special event, or a wedding. It could be a special event makeup, makeup for television, or makeup for photography.
The major duties, tasks, and responsibilities of a makeup artist are shown in the following job description example:
- Communicate with clients to get direction on job specification. This includes getting an outline of clients’ needs and following it to give them satisfaction
- Provide clients with a variety of looks, giving them different options to choose from. These include photos, visuals, and model appearances
- Sketch and create design ideas for different hairstyles and makeup. Also, encourage continuity in clients’ hair and facial needs by ensuring that their looks are coherent and in-line with a specific standard set, rather than changing to totally different looks all the time
- Take measures to prevent harmful side effects as a result of using advanced makeup items on clients, to avoid damage
- Put clients’ safety into consideration in the discharge of duties by observing safety procedures and avoiding chemicals that have adverse effect on the skin
- Ensure that all make up applied on clients blend with their skin tone, to make it more believable and fitting, to show expertise on the job
- Acquire more knowledge on makeup by participating in training and workshops to learn latest makeup techniques, with the aim of achieving better results and giving clients more satisfaction
- Source high quality materials and order them from trusted manufacturers to maintain excellence and satisfaction to clients
- Keep an up to date portfolio by taking pictures and making video recordings of jobs done to showcase expertise to clients
The Essentials-Requirements – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – for the Makeup Artist Position
Here are key skills and qualities makeup artists must have to excel in their career, which are also the basic requirements employers usually demand from applicants for the position:
- Must have a natural flare for beauty and its creation
- Possess time management skills to meet up with clients’ schedules
- Ability to pay attention to detail to get clients’ needs
- Possess strong creativity to come up with new looks
- Must have patience to deal with clients complaints
- Must be able to work under pressure
The successful applicant will ideally have at least three years’ makeup and hairstyling experience and well as airbrushing / HDTV experience.
Experienced in dealing with high-profile talent is preferred.
Esthetician or cosmetologist license, or certified training from an accredited school / salon, or equivalent required.
Must be willing to become or stay licensed / certified as requested.
Must be able to effectively and diplomatically communicate with clients to quickly resolve any issues that arise, as well as to provide the best possible customer service.
A friendly and outgoing demeanor is required.
Creativity is a must in both seeking ways to improve service for clients, as well as adapting to changing methods and techniques.
Capable of maintaining high performance in a high-stress, fast-paced environment.
Successful applicant will can maintain confidentiality at all times.
Computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Outlook required.
Proactive work ethic towards constantly improving the hair & makeup room experience for clients is a must.
As a INC Beauty makeup artist, you’ll be the beauty pro who provides recommendation, advice, and makeup tips. It’s expected that you’ll be familiar with the most popular types of both pro and drugstore makeup, have a good understanding of application techniques, and know how to use different types of makeup—think: liquid foundation, powder foundation, cream foundation, etc. You’ll also need to understand basic color theory and have the ability to match skin tones to complementary colors. The same makeup will not produce the same results on all face shapes, skin types, complexions, or skin maturities. Knowing how to create a personalized makeup application for each of your clients is essential, and will come from hands-on practice as well as theoretical training.